Two BBC Four documentaries, Classic British Cars: Made in Coventry and Coventry Cathedral: Building for a New Britain will be screened right in the heart of Coventry city centre on Wednesday 4 and Thursday 5 August.
Apply now at www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/festivals/coventry-city-of-culture-screenings-aug21 for the chance to celebrate some unique stories of Coventry at an outdoor drive in cinema experience.
Tickets will be allocated by random draw, with 80% of the tickets going to Coventry and district postcodes* and 20% going to the rest of the UK.
You can register at any time until 11.55pm on Tuesday 27 July.
You can apply for a maximum of one ticket per household, which will admit one car. If you apply for more than one screening you will be allocated tickets for a maximum of one screening and these tickets will be non-transferable.
Visit the individual listings below for more details about the individual screenings.
- There is hand sanitizer readily available throughout the location, including within the toilets.
- There will be toilets on-site, all of which will be regularly cleaned.
- Aside from the potential for a toilet trip, you don’t even need to leave your car. Refreshments are available on-site. However, you can bring your own snacks if you want, perhaps even a comfy pillow, and enjoy the screening from the comfort of your own vehicle.
- When arriving at the entrance gate you will be required to show a copy of your ticket so that our stewards can scan the QR code. This can either be a printed copy or shown on a mobile device.
- In order for you to hear the documentary in your vehicle, you will be handed a Bluetooth speaker at the entrance gate. All Bluetooth speakers will be individually cleaned and stored safely.
- Gates will open half an hour before the screening. Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to the showing to avoid congestion of the local area.
- The programme will be shown on a large screen that will be strategically placed at the venue, ensuring everyone has a clear view.
- Smaller vehicles will be parked closer to the front with larger vehicles at the back to ensure everyone can see. If you have a larger vehicle please do not try arriving first as you will still be parked further back.
- Please do not attend if you or a member of your household feel unwell or have symptoms of Covid-19 or if you have been advised to self isolate after coming into close contact with someone who has Covid-19 symptoms.
* CV1, CV2, CV3, CV4, CV5, CV6, CV7, CV8, CV9, CV10, CV11, CV12, CV13, CV21, CV22, CV23, CV31, CV32, CV33, CV34, CV35, CV36, CV37, CV47