The Friends of Coventry Cathedral, founded in 1934, exist to bind together all those from the Diocese, the City and beyond, who love the Cathedral and wish to support its ministry and the enhancement of its buildings and fabric.
We provide a focus for those who, inspired by the story of Coventry, wish to be associated with the vision and international outreach of the Cathedral, especially in the field of reconciliation and peace.
The Mission Statement sets out for us the fundamental aims of the Friends to which we have added a set of working principles to guide us as we plan the way ahead.
- To build a strong network of Friends by promoting membership from within the Cathedral community, the Diocese of Coventry and the world at large
- To foster a spirit of fellowship among the worldwide membership by regular communication and encouragement. This is especially important for those living too far away to visit the Cathedral or to participate in The Friendsí social events.
- To provide, for those who are able to participate, an annual programme of events
- To promote the Cathedral as mother church of the Diocese, by designing our activities where possible to involve the parishes throughout the Diocese
- To give financial donations and, where appropriate, practical help towards specific restoration or improvement projects and to activities associated with the Cathedralís work, especially those unlikely to come to fruition without help from The Friends
- To widen the publicís awareness of The Friends of Coventry Cathedral, its aims and activities and the support we seek to give to the Cathedral
- To create and maintain for The Friends its own distinct identity, as an association of people who have jointed together to support the Cathedral, its ministry and its works